Procedure for business registration in Kenya
- Business Name Reservation
Initially, the process used to start with name search process, which was later revised and nowadays the process is a one time process where we submit the names together with the registration process.
- BUSINESS REGISTRATION.
Upon approval of the names, you now wait for the approval of the registration process.
- Nature of Business – For example real estate, road construction, business consultant, tours & travel.
- Plot No./ Land Reference Number
- Physical address. i.e stree/road ,town etc
- Postal Address – For example P.O. Box 0000-00200, Nairobi
- Full names of proprietor,partners or directors.(As shown on ID or Passport),their phone numbers,email addresses, occupation,place of residence.
- Details of shares held by each director (for limited company).
In addition to the above, the following documents are also required:
- Copy of ID/Passport
- A recent coloured Passport Photo (can be in form of a well captured selfie).
For the case of a proprietorship or partnership, a form BN2 is filled and submitted.
For a limited company,details of shares held are also filled where the following are signed and submitted:
- CR1 form
- CR2 form
- CR8 form
- Nominal capital form
- Benefitial Ownership Form
Once all the above is filled in the e-citizen portal, it takes around 3-5 working days for the registration to be approved