How to register an association in Kenya.
An Association is a type of society formed by a group of people for a particular purpose or objectives as permitted by the Societies Act Cap 108.
Associations are usually non-profit making organisations and also non-political.
What are the requirements for registration?
- A maximum of three names in order of preference.
- Four objectives of the society that you intend to register.
- Registered office:street/road/building/postal address.( If no physical office is set for the association,specific place of residence of one of the office bearers should be indicated)
- Officials details:-ID,Phone Numbers,Postal Addresses ,Passport Photos (WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND) and Signatures (SIGNED ON A PLAIN PAPER SEPARATELY)
- Members details same as those of the officials apart from the signatures.
- A letter explaining the meaning of names incase they are provided in vernacular language.
- In case the word Africa, International or Worldwide, Global or Professional body is used, a letter of no objection will be required from the relevant organization.
- In case of a Community Association e.g. Forest or Water Resource Users, a letter of no objection will be required from the regulator.
- In case of a Government institute or Alumni Association, a letter of no objection will be required from the institution.
- In case of a residential association, a letter of introduction will be required from the area chief or assistant chief.
- The membership of an association should have a minimum of 10 people and no set maximum
- NAME SEARCH ANS REGISTRATION PROCESS WILL TAKE A MAXIMUM OF 120 DAYS UPON SUBMISSION AND PAYMENT.